The Dunedin RSA Welfare Trust offers support, advocacy, assistance and advice about the many community and social services, allowances and pensions available to service and ex- service people, police and their dependants.

A full time Support Advisor is available for guidance to determine need and, when appropriate, to help with sources of financial assistance.

Advice is available to everyone, regardless of RSA membership.

Our ex-service family can have specific needs which may not be entirely met by other services or agencies. The Trust’s Support Advisor will help with referrals to, and liaison with appropriate agencies, or applications to various trusts in New Zealand and overseas which provide funding and support, aiming to reduce hardship and suffering, for ex-service people, and their families.

For a confidential appointment with our Support Advisor phone 0800 664 888, or email


Trustees 2018

Chairman : David Abercrombie
Vice Chairman: John Broughton
Trustees: Lyall Cocks, Phil Witchall , Lox Kellas
Jim Cutler, Dave Campbell, Rev Tony Harrison


Help for Overseas Veterans living in New Zealand

War veterans from overseas living in New Zealand are advised to contact Veterans Affairs New Zealand for advice on their war disability and pension entitlements in New Zealand.

Address queries in writing to:

Veterans Affairs
PO Box 9448
Hamilton New Zealand

or if calling from overseas
+64 7 957 4602
(but you will have to pay for the call).

P.O. Box 5146
Wellington Phone (Free)
0800 483 8392

or if faxing from overseas
+64 4495 2070
(but you will have to pay for the call).

Royal Commonwealth Ex-Services League (RCEL)
RCEL’s object is that no ex-serviceman or women should ever suffer hardship.

Funds are available for all eligible British ex-service people whether or not they are resident in the United Kingdom. Application for RCEL welfare assistance can be made by RNZRSA on behalf of individuals and is generally prompted by written request from the applicant made through a British ex-service organisation such as the Army Benevolent Fund. Speak to the Welfare Officers and they will advise and/or enquire on your behalf.

Visit Website: